Applications are hereby invited for the post of City Director from the below mentioned focus cities.
Last Date of Application: 20th August, 2015.
Send us your CV and Statement of Purpose to email@example.com
Kindly ensure that the subject of the mail is: “City Director, Name of the City”
Note: It is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates to attend the Alexis Group Retreat in New Delhi on 5th – 6th September, 2015 for purposes of training and development.
Ajmer, Allahabad, Agartala, Agra, Aizawl, Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Dharwad, Darjeeling, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Daman, Dehradun, Dispur, Gandhinagar, Gangtok, Gaya, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kavaratti, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mathura, Mumbai, Mysuru, Nagpur, New Delhi, Puri, Pune, Panaji, Patna, Patiala, Port Blair, Puducherry, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Silvasa, Singrauli, Srinagar, Surat, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirappalli, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.
If your city is not in the above list and you wish to start a chapter in your city, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Art and Culture, Environment, Gender Studies, Human Rights, Minorities Empowerment, Social Justice, and Women Empowerment.
- Age: Between 18 – 30 years.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Facebook, Skype, YouTube and Twitter.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profits, and community-based organizations.
- Inclined towards mentorship and teaching in order to improve the knowledge and professional abilities of others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, exercise good judgment and lead change.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to flexibly share leadership and build consensus.
- Ability to take initiative and take difficult decisions when necessary.
Indicative Work Profile of a City Director
- Promoting Society’s Aims, Objectives and Initiatives.
- Planning and Organizing Activities to promote Society’s Objectives.
- Conducting Public Awareness & Welfare programmes.
- Reporting City Activities to Regional Director.
- Recruiting new members.
- Establishing new clubs in Educational Institutions.
- Establishing a democratic, accountable and transparent organization structure at city level by delegating duties to members.
- Fundraising for fulfilling financial needs of above mentioned programmes.
- Making known the above activities to electronic, print and social media.
- All other activities incidental to fulfill above points.
Role and Responsibilities of a City Director
- Keep track of events happening across the city.
- Develop and support effective student-run clubs.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with students, staff and high-level administrators at colleges and universities (via email, phone, and in person).
- Think creatively to provide fresh ideas to new members.
- Work collaboratively with other Project Coordinators and Club Coordinators.
- Assist in planning and coordinating national and international programmes.
- Attend various conferences or meetings for providing consultation.
- Any further decision made by the Governing Body of the society regarding the position will be incorporated.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Organization.
- We firmly believe in Diversity.
- Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisting of candidates is done on basis of CV/Resume.
- Every selection is done purely on merit basis.
- Exposure of working in a youth-led organization.
- A platform to nurture your ideas and create positive impact.
- Professional Growth through Networking and Skill Development.
- Recommendation or Work Experience Certificate is provided on successful completion of your tenure or on demand, when required.
Terms and Conditions
- This position is tenured, part-time, voluntary and unpaid.
- We are looking for atleast 12 months commitment from you.
- You will be required to devote atleast 12 hours per week.
- You will be put on probation for 3 months from date of selection.
- A Performance review will be conducted after completion of 3 months.
What We Look For?
We recruit exceptional people with outstanding capabilities and great potential.
Some of the qualities we look for in our people:
- Technological Awareness
Why You Should Join Us?
- Leadership Training
- Networking Opportunities
- Personality Development
- Professional Growth
- Social Impact
- Work Experience